A prolific writer and compulsive wordsmith, Olga has worked across the entire spectrum of the writing/editing/publishing world—producing and editing articles, columns, blogs, marketing material and books, and working with other authors to get their books from manuscript to published title. Her own books include works of fiction and non-fiction, designed to inspire, enlighten and empower, through humour, creativity and universal principles.
Olga is the co-owner of InsideOut Media—a publishing company focusing on titles relating to leadership, empowerment, creativity and self-responsibility. She brings a high level of excellence to all of her written/published work, and is a first-class editor with a level of expertise that is rare in today’s electronically-driven world.
Olga’s writing/editing/publishing background…
As a professional writer and editor for the past 25 years, Olga has written over 250 articles on human dynamics, relationships, personal empowerment, subconscious programming, holistic health, the environment and popular psychology, contributing to a variety of North American magazines (such as Health Naturally, Real Woman, Divorce Magazine, Common Ground, Shared Vision, Health n Vitality, among others).
In the early 80s, Olga worked as a photojournalist for the World Wide Fund for Nature International in Switzerland, travelling to WWF project sites for firsthand reporting and photographic coverage of their Latin American & Caribbean programme. Working with field personnel, the media and WWF’s 30 national organizations around the world, she wrote news and feature articles for WWF and other environmental publications, as well as editing numerous articles, promotional booklets, country profiles and a monthly newsletter.
As the editor for UNAIDS—the United Nations Joint Programme on HIV/AIDS—in Geneva (2001–2004), Olga edited and revised their numerous publications and campaign materials on HIV and AIDS.
She has also worked as:
- a book editor for non-fiction writers in the fields of holistic health, personal growth, spirituality and the environment;
- a magazine editor for Shared Vision (1994–2000);
- an alternative-health columnist for BC Woman magazine (1997), contributing a monthly column on alternative-health-related issues;
- a relationship columnist writing a regular relationship column for Shared Vision;
- co-editor/writer for Waking Up the West Coast—healers and visionaries, by Jaime Kowal (published by Catalyst Publications, October 2006);
- a freelance editor for the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), the International Labour Organization (ILO), IMD, the United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD), the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Family Health International (FHI), the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and other international organizations;
- an editorial consultant to environmental groups, real estate agencies, motivational and personal development organizations, financial planning companies, professional coaches, and marketing consultants;
- a writer/editor of educational booklets for IUCN (the World Conservation Union), in Switzerland.
As the former publisher and owner of Berkana Books Self-Publishing Services in Vancouver, Canada, in the late 90s, Olga edited manuscripts and worked closely with designers, printers and distribution companies for the publication and distribution of non-fiction titles on holistic health, self-help, personal growth and popular psychology.
Published titles include:
- NuSpeak – Become a Powerful Speaker: state-of-the-art presentation skills, by Geoffrey Lane (foreword by Dr Lee Pulos, epilogue by Marianne Williamson)
- Affirmations – your passport to happiness, by Dr Anne-Marie Evers
- Osteoarthritis – my healing journey, by Audrey Buchanan